DEAFvibe Vision and Our Ethos
Our Vision and Our Ethos
DEAFvibe’s Vision and Ethos which also represents our Aims and Objectives are to support individuals who experience a hearing loss or dual sensory loss whether from birth, gradual or sudden. We also offer support, advice and guidance to their families, friends and carers in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent as well as surrounding areas. DEAFvibe will work with organisations locally and nationally in the interests of this specific client group to:
- To empower individuals in all aspects of their lives;
- To create a safe, friendly and relaxed environment where individuals can communicate, share feelings and offer support to each other;
- To create opportunities for individuals to accept and develop skills in coping with their own experiences of deafness and deafblindness;
- To encourage individuals to use their expertise and knowledge to empower others;
- To offer advice& information to individuals enabling them to make informed choices which promote their independent living;
- To promote belonging and inclusion at all times;
- To signpost individuals to other services locally and nationally.
- To encourage, support and enable individuals to take ownership in new projects to aid their learning and personal development.
- To abide by and follow all current UK legislation.